Search

Currently I have a photo gallery which is populated by a section with three fields. A file upload field, Album, and Description. The Album field is a drop down and is linked to another section which currently just groups pictures by years. Right now the Album is just used to group the pictures by year and sort them showing the newest first.

I would like to also mix in photos from my Flickr account. I would like to be able to and return a single data source that I can paginate. I was planning on creating a section where I can insert the Flickr gallery id and assign the Flickr gallery to an album. I was than thinking I would have to make a custom data source to do a call to the Flickr API for each gallery. This would than return the photos in the same format as the current photo gallery. Then I was thinking I would have to make yet another custom data source to merge both my current photo gallery data source and the new Flickr data source so I can paginate and filter by album if need be.

Has anyone done something similar?.. Is there a better way of going about something like this?

I actually tried out the union data source however I got an error when trying to use it, and it sounds like that's only for pagination so I would have to edit it if I wanted to add a filter