Search

Hello,

Following the tutorial: Say Hello to Symphony On step 1.3. Update Your Entries it says: "the Language field has pre-selected the first available option."

I followed the tutorial step by step, but the language field is blank and not being populated by anything.

I assume I need to put the string of the values in the Predefined Values field since I didn't see Static Options anywhere?

So 2 questions: 1. Why is my field not being populated with the first available value? 2. Where is the Static Options field?

I am using Symphony 2.3.1

Thank you

The tutorial is based on an earlier version of Symphony so there may be discrepancies in the approach. Not 100% sure at the moment where you're having trouble. Will try and dig out the tutorial to update this thread.

Thank you moonoo2

Hi Cgull,

Yes in Symphony 2.3.x (updated since that tutorial) the Static Options field is now labelled as Predefined Values. The same principle applies however.

The reason why it's not being auto populated is due to a change in the logic in 2.3.x which handled this. It relates to this issue:

896 - When Select Box fields are required, force users to select an

option instead of defaulting to the first option

Although this should only be the case when it is set as a required field it seems to apply also when it's not required. This may be a small bug.