Search

Hi,

I have a small photography webiste used to publish my own pictures (nature, animals, landscapes, etc). Sometimes, I'm asked by some organisations to provide them some pictures for commercial (or not) usage. Or sometimes I would like to publish family pictures having only my family able to access those galleries.

I would like to build a password protected page (no need of user/email) and publish some private files that will be linked to at least one account.

Do you think that those extensions can work fine for me?

• "password monster" http://getsymphony.com/discuss/thread/64532/
  • "private upload"

For private upload feature, I would like to know how it works. I'm using Web faction hosting and the web structure is not really something standard... not like any hosting I have seen before. There is no "www" or "public_html" folders.

Please, if someone has worked on a similar solution, your feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks, Sebastien

passwordmonster is a good little solution if you're not in need of a full on members extension.

Bauhouse' comment here provides an alternative to the private upload field that will work with web faction hosting. As in doesn't require you to place files outside the www or public_html directory.

You could protect the workspace/uploads folder from direct access with .htacces file as well.

Thanks moonoo2. I will try this solution this week.

Finally, I created my own extension that is a combination of password monster with get file solution.

I'm using two session variables ($_SESSION) to store IsPrivateUserLogged and PriveUserName. I'm using the Global Parameter Loader extension to import those session variables into xml parameters to be able to filter my private files data source with the connected user {$PrivateUserName}

Now, I want to perform the validation of user/password directly in my custom event by doing a query over my user section. But Symphony is using random table names, is there a way to find the associated table of my section and query this table?

Thanks, Sebastien