Search

Meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) is fine for me. Also setting the meeting at 10:00 PM (Italy, Malta) so that everybody is able to join is fine for me as well.

Another option, if you want to try Saturday mornings, would be something like:

• Friday, 10pm PDT (Vancouver, Canada)
  • Saturday, 7am CET (Italy, Malta)
  • Saturday, 3pm EST (Brisbane, Australia)

Or if 7am is too early, just a little later:

• Friday, 11pm PDT (Vancouver, Canada)
  • Saturday, 8am CET (Italy, Malta)
  • Saturday, 4pm EST (Brisbane, Australia)

Just let me know which works best. Thanks.

@bauhouse 10pm would work for me too; don't mind to stay late or wake up early... as long as its not in my working hours (+transit time) 6am-5pm CET.

Saturday morning should would work as well

Saturday mornings work for me as well!

Great! @theBigMandarino and @gunglien, let's plan to meet tomorrow:

• Wednesday, 10pm CET (Italy, Malta)
  • Wednesday, 1pm PDT (Vancouver, Canada)
  • Thursday, 6am EST (Brisbane, Australia)

For anyone else who is interested in helping out with the Symphony CMS community sites, please let me know if you would like to join in on the conversation. I am planning to organize the meeting as a Google+ Hangout: view the event.

@theBigMandarino (Andrea Buran), @gunglien (Jonathan Mifsud) and I met together this afternoon to discuss the current state of development of the Symphony CMS community sites.

Our meeting notes are being added to the GitHub repository wiki for the project.

For anyone who is interested in joining in on the conversation next week, I have scheduled another Google+ Hangout as a follow-up meeting:

• Friday, July 26, 11pm PDT (Vancouver, Canada)
  • Saturday, July 27, 7am BET (London, England)
  • Saturday, July 27, 8am CET (Italy, Malta)
  • Saturday, July 27, 4pm EST (Brisbane, Australia)

To get involved in the project, add your comments to an issue that you are interested in, or add another issue to the repository.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the hangout as I'll be in New Zealand for a week with my girlfriend. Thanks a lot for the meeting notes, I'm with a second set we'll have a clearer picture of how we can get the ball rolling.

If there is anything you need from me specifically, please email me ASAP and I'll investigate :)

7am is always impossible for me as I travel to work and need to be running around like a headless chicken finding clothes and breakfast at that time. :(

@designermonkey, you work on Saturday?

We're just throwing out ideas for when to meet. We wanted something fairly regular, weekly, if possible, to keep each other accountable and engaged. John and Brendan, what would work best for you?

Ah! It's a Saturday. I need to get my eyes tested.

7am is still a little early for me on a Saturday I'm afraid. I won't make much sense at that time. The other end of the clock is better for me, but then puts the early times on others :(

PS, Just to note, I have Jonas Downey's articles from his old site, and we are allowed to edit them to bring them up to date.

Maybe I need to organize a couple meetings according to hemisphere. And we should try to record our conversations when they start getting more interesting ;-)

Maybe this is the solution. I like early mornings. In the evenings, I am fighting to stay awake. If we do something like this, it doesn't get in the way of work, because it's on a Saturday. There's no confusion over the international date line, because it's the same day for everyone.

• Saturday, July 27, 5am GMT-7 (Vancouver, Canada)
  • Saturday, July 27, 1pm GMT+1 (London, England)
  • Saturday, July 27, 2pm GMT+2 (Italy, Malta)
  • Saturday, July 27, 10pm GMT+10 (Brisbane, Australia)

Do you have Jonas's articles somewhere public? If not, can you send them to me in whatever form you have them in?

Email on it's way. I've not even looked at them yet.

I was also thinking, it may be beneficial to the community to update some of your Design Project X articles for incorporation? After all, they are what taught me Symphony at the beginning.

Also, those times are perfect for me. What does the rest of the team think?

I could probably look up some XSL related articles I've did in the past & chuck in a few more.

I'm sure we have a lot of cool techniques which are not mentioned anywhere as of yet.

Btw Saturday at around 12:00UTC (2pm) works fine for me.

I think when we specify dates and times, it would be beneficial to do so in UTC, as we all know our personal timezones, and it saves having to write out all the times :)

So the next one would be:

Saturday, July 27th, 1200 UTC

@designermonkey, thanks for sending Jonas Downey's tutorials. I would be happy to update my tutorials as well. And UTC works for me, too. I'll update the Google+ event to see if that works for everyone.

@gunglien, please do pull together any of the information you have as well. I'm looking forward to learning some new things!

As posted in the GitHub thread about the Symphony documentation:

Thanks to everyone who attended the meeting. Here are my notes:

Working Group Meeting 27 July 2013

Google+ Event

Attending

• John Porter (@designermonkey)
  • Andrea Buran (@theBigMandarino)
  • Jonathan Mifsud (@jonmifsud)
  • Stephen Bau (@bauhouse)

Notes

1. Manage collaboration documents in Google Drive
  2. Manage community contributed documentation with Text Upload Field extension
  3. Set up a workflow for developing the Symphony Factory ensemble for the Docs site using the CDI extension
  4. Consider using the workflow described by Stephen (@bauhouse) for tracking DB changes with the Export Ensemble and Dump DB extensions as a fallback
  5. DTAP environment for development
    • Development: docs.local.getsymphony.com
    • Testing: docs.testing.getsymphony.com
    • Acceptance: docs.staging.getsymphony.com
    • Production: docs.getsymphony.com
  6. Information architecture to be developed with two approaches in mind:
    • Linear path for learning
    • Access to specific subjects - tags, categories, search
  7. Implement search with ElasticSearch extension
  8. Symphony Factory needs to be adapted and expanded for the documentation site
  9. Further develop style guide, content modules and design patterns (see Pattern Tap) for the documentation site
  10. Get Allen (@allen) and Brendan (@brendo) involved in the discussion to determine next steps for the community sites
  11. Review next steps (added to Google Doc for meeting notes)
  12. Next meeting 12:00 UTC, Sunday, August 4, 2013

Is this project dead? Or is it just resting?

It’s not dead!

I'm still waiting for the notes from the August 2013 meeting. I think they might be included in the next Symphony blog post.

Some key players seem to have been out of the loop for a while, rattles my confidence a little.

Is this project dead? Or is it just resting?

I don't think Steven (bauhouse) is still working on this.

I'm still waiting for the notes from the August 2013 meeting. I think they might be included in the next Symphony blog post.

Some key players seem to have been out of the loop for a while, rattles my confidence a little.

Core development is still active on GitHub, but the current ecosystem is slowly dying.

There are no new blog posts coming. Allen is kinda gone (or just pops in once a year to say hi). Not sure if the remaining core contributors even have access to post new updates on the blog. Updates are published on the forum and in the release notes only at the moment.

I guess if access is not the problem, people would be grateful if someone could step in and sum things up in new blog posts for the community on a regular basis.

Regarding Rebuilding the Symphony Site with Factory, last thing we discussed was moving the project to GitHub pages and a bunch of external services. I think Bernardo already started working on this. People who want to help should get in touch with @hammerizer, @brend0, @nilshoerrmann or @ designermonkey.