Search

I'm working on an inherited site and I'm simply attempting to create a new page.

I am able to otherwise successfully create the new page but when I attempt to edit the template that I understand should be automatically created with that page, I am instead redirected to the page list at /blueprints/pages/. The page I created exists in that list and it's configuration is editable, but there doesn't seem to be an associated template to edit.

Am I missing a step somewhere or is the system somehow failing?

Wondering if you're logged in as an Developer or Author maybe?

What version of Symphony is the site running?

Thank you for the quick reply.

I'm logged in as a developer and the version is 2.2.3

Is there an actual page XSL file in /workspace/pages/? What are its permissions?

There is no /workspace/pages/ that I can find, only /blueprint/pages/.

The page I created is called test.

There is a listing for it in /blueprints/pages/ but clicking on test.xsl simply reloads the /blueprints/pages/ screen.

I just found /workspace/pages/ via FTP. No test.xsl

Do I need to manually create it?

I just found /workspace/pages/ via FTP. No test.xsl

There is your problem.

Do I need to manually create it?

No. Hmm... What are the permissions of the folder (you can see this via FTP)?

The pages directory is rwxr-xr-x (755). The existing xsl files are rw-r--r-- (644).

If the owner:group of the directory is not the apache user, then it will not create those files for you. You may have the owner as your ftp user, which may be different than that of apache.

Set either the owner or group to apache's owner or group and set the permissions to 775 for folders and 664 for files. :o)

I just wanted to respond to "close" this thread as solved. It did turn out to be inadequate server permissions. The admin basically set the site up so that a specific ftp user owned all the files. Apache had no write access.

I really appreciate the quick and very relevant responses. Very impressive community support for this CMS compared to others I've worked with. Thanks again.

We pride ourselves in that.

Glad it got sorted, don't hesitate to ask for any more help :)