Search

Hello. Been thinking of trying out Symphony. Haven't done anything with it yet, except opened some random files.

First I read licence - very nice. Then opened some PHP files. Again pretty nice: follows "one true brace style", has CamelCaps classnames, camelBack variables.

Almost perfect. But there's something very bizarre, something I've never seen before in any programming language - all code in PHP files is indented.

You got <?php and everything that follows is indented with one tab. Every single line is a little wider than usual. This doesn't make sense to me, seems to make everything hard to read.

Can anyone explain the purpose of it?

I think there's a mistake. The indentation on all files are normal, totally as usual. Maybe an issue with the IDE you are opening?

@germchaos, sieben is referring to everything after <?php being indented. Presumably, lots of other projects don't do this.

It's just something that I think has been followed through from a 'personal preference' back in the day.

The codebase is due a clean up and will be following a standard soon, so things like indentation etc will be sorted out across the board.

I wouldn't worry about it too much for now. As long as code you write in extensions follows the current style, everything is ok.

@David, @sieben said it is all with 1 tab only. This is weird.

@sieben, can you check in Symphony repository if the files are equal yours. And tell us which files are you looking at.

As far as I can tell... any file (yes, really).