Search

My apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere - I had a look and couldn't find anything so here goes.

Our client has forgotten their login password for their Symphony site - not a problem I thought, so I told them to click the 'retrieve password' link on the login page - they entered their email address with the account and received an email - excellent.

In the email was a link to enable them to login, which is great. However when they go to the 'authors' area (as instructed in the email) to change the password they are asked to enter their old password and new password to make the change. Only problem is they don't know their old password.

Do you guys know if anyway around this - am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance

this issue was raised, https://github.com/symphonycms/symphony-2/issues/1648, which highlights the need for a different process. So you might want to bump the issue and get a resolution. It might already be pushed to the latest release but just not documented yet.

In the mean time, I think if you just leave the old password fields blank and enter in the new password, it works...

thank you I will take a look at the issue on the link. For now leaving the old password field blank seemed to do the trick though.

thanks for the help