Search

I just installed what I believe is 2.3.2 release into a new website (no upgrade). Fair warning: I don't know Symphony that well, and I don't know apache that well... but...

I couldn't access the root (http://mydomain.com/) after installing (forbidden).

I added the following to the root .htaccess file at the bottom:

RewriteRule ^$ index.php?symphony-page=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}   [L]

Is there an installer bug that might only affect fresh installs? Or do I have something wrong with my apache config? Or something else?

Also, something tells me that that rewrite rule is kind of clobbering a whole bunch of invalid URLs into semi-valid ones. If patching the .htaccess file is what I need to do, what would be the correct rule so that I don't trample too much?

FYI, this was the installed .htaccess: link to pastie of what was in my .htaccess after install

From checking the htaccess file in the symphony github repository, the htaccess hasn't changed significantly in a long while so it's unlikely to be the line you're pointing out. I'd review your htaccess against the file I linked to above to check nothing has been corrupted (Obviously ignore the 'REWRITE BASE' bit as that is for tempting.

If that fails, what I'd try and do is look at the symphony log files (manifest/log/main) and (manifest/log/install) to check there aren't any obvious errors. If this doesn't try anything I'd look at your server logs - get in contact with your hosts if they're responsive as they will be better and finding server config errors!

Also, check file permissions!

Hope this helps.

It looks like you have a stray [L] on line 43, which you could try removing.

The htaccess that is installed with Symphony is perfectly valid, and shouldn't be modified unless you know what you're doing. I can hazzard a guess that the issue is that you either haven't got mod_rewrite enabled or have a permissions error on your root folder.

Also, as David said, there is a rogue [L] in the file.

Thanks, guys. The stray L was a an error between the chair and the keyboard using pastie. It don't know what changed but it's working now. Also, thanks for reminding me to enable logging :)