Search

Hey guys,

I am wondering if it would be possible to use Symphony CMS as a backend (Which i love with all facilities of creating sections and fields) however i am thinking to use the front end as a php instead of xslt for templating and displaying data.

I know that i will be losing all great functionally that Symphony has to offer however i much prefer php instead of xslt :)

Is it any way to load only the required classes from Symphony that i could for example create a simple php "test.php" and still be able to use the EntryManager classes and all classes from Symphony to display/delete data from all the sections?

Thanks guys. Cheers.

you could write an extension that has access to all the symphony classes, but I think you will have a hard time actually serving up pages from the extension. The url rewriting is going to be a pain.

If you really do not want to use xslt, but still want Symphony as your CMS, I would strongly suggest that you consider parsing the XML output of symphony in a completely different system and do http calls to retrieve the data.

For instance, you could create a client-side javascript implementation with XHR that retrieves content from Symphony. This can be XML or you can convert the XML to JSON. Or you can use php curl to get the output server-side and parse it with PHP to create the output.

Either way: things will be far less complicated if you use XSLT ;)

Hey remie thanks for the reply mate.

Any another one who had the idea of running Symphony out of the box around?

Cheers.