Search

Just a quick info...

I'm currently not using this in any new project and might either deprecate or rewrite it in the future.

So if anyone still relies on this extension, wants to adopt and maintain it or just keep the code for reference, fork it while it's still around.

I still use this in some projects. I'll maintain this fork here as long as i need it - https://github.com/kmeinke/multilingual.

How do you support multiling now days?

Sorry for the late response.

How do you support multiling now days?

Haven’t had a multilingual project in a while. I guess I would just bite the bullet and use separate data sources for each language these days, and use a simpler extension that only enables language detection and redirection on the root page. See also my previous comments here, here and here for reference.

I still use this in some projects. I'll maintain this fork here as long as i need it

Would you be interested in taking ownership of the original extension and repository?

The extension has been transferred to Roman Klein (twiro) for further development and maintenance. I’ll stay involved in an advisory role and as a collaborator.

And I'm grateful for having your trust in further maintaining and developing this awesome extension :)

I just released a minor update (1.2.0) that finally adds support for "Association Output", meaning "Multilingual" now also processes multiple languages found in child item nodes making the xml output look somehow like this:

<entry id="...">
    <title handle="english-title" lang="en" translated="yes">English Title</titel>
    <title handle="deutscher-titel" lang="de" translated="yes">Deutscher Titel</titel>
    <tags>
        <item id="..." handle="improvement">
            <titel handle="improvement" lang="en" translated="yes">Improvement</titel>
            <titel handle="verbesserung" lang="de" translated="yes">Verbesserung</titel>
        </item>
        <item id="..." handle="workflow">
            <titel handle="improvement" lang="en" translated="yes">Workflow</titel>
            <titel handle="arbeitsfluss" lang="de" translated="yes">Arbeitsfluss</titel>
        </item>
    </tags>
</entry>

I also started working on version 2.0.0 that is planned to offer more flexibility regarding frontend language detection, url structures and redirecting. Started posting about it here - any feedback is welcome...

I just started using Roman's Multilingual extension. It works like a charm on my root page / but I don't understand how to make it work on all the other pages as well. I played around with the URL router extension, since it was suggested here, and I was able to set up multi language routes for a specific page blog. But what if I want the same pattern on all my 600+ pages? What I need is a pattern like this:

• www.mysite.com/en/some-page
  • www.mysite.com/de/some-page

How would I set that up?

I don’t use the multilingual extension but the same URL scheme. I set up my page params on multilingual pages like this:

/lang/other-param1/other-param2/

Then use the URL Router to put the lang part before the page:

/\/(.*?)\/(page1|page2|page3)/i

To:

/$2/$1/

You could of course also use a wildcard rather than the page names.