Search

Hi,

My friend runs version 1.2.9 for his webshop. There are over 4500 items in his shop, all with 3 pictures.

He wants to update to version 2.3.2, but is very afraid his webshop will go down and has to manualy insert all his items in the shop again. (this will take weeks!)

So, is there anybody who knows if it is possible / safe to upgrade to 2.3.2 from 1.2.9 ?

Thanks !

Maikel

Hi Maikel,

As per my knowledge the move from 1.x to 2.x is not trivial. As the base of the system had changed. What I would suggest is that you try to provide a way to Export your entries in XML. Then in the new symphony use an XML Importer to import the entries.

Hi Maikel,

Most importantly, test the upgrade process in a second, non-live environment.

Also see the upgrading notes in the readme. You probably have some work to do.

Thanks for your fast replies !!

So, what you suggest is to install 2.3.2 in a seperate folder, export the 1.2.9 data to XML and import it into 2.3.2 ? That sounds do-able :)

Do you know if the database structure of 2.3.2 is equal to 1.2.9 ? Otherwise this methode won't work...

The structure is different. But the XML importer-solution wont care about the structure: You export everything to a flat XML file, create the same sections in 2.3.2 and import it into them.

Are you really sure that you are talking about Symphony? 1.2.9 — if it existed at all — must've been in the 1980ies or so, and I wouldn't expect a webshop to be working on it! Maybe you mean Symfony instead? (The latter had a version 1.2.9 in 2009.)

Ooh, uuuh, well .. Symfony .. I am not sure now :( I will check with my friend.

The webshop is : www.schuitenminiaturen.nl

Not Symphony CMS. It's built using Symfony.

Yep. Definitely not Symphony.