Search

I have a section with entries linked to other entries in the same section using SBL.

I'm trying to figure out a way to re-save all child entries to update a reflection field when a parent entry is edited..

Is there a know method to achieve this? It's related to Entry based pages and I need a means to re-save child entries to resolve changes on the frontend.

Thanks in advance.

Would some sort of hook into Resave Entries not do the trick?

ahah.. now that's a good idea! will dig a little!

Hmmm @s_e The code for Resave Entries is not as DRY as I thought.. all the magic happens in the js ajax call that is listening for a submit action on the button in preferences area.

And I'm not sure how to tackle this with a delegate call, as it would need to fire for every child entry it finds when editing a parent entry..

Maybe when the page reloads after saving, I could trigger my own resave entries script..

Back to the thinktank.

EDIT

got it working by copying the JS file that comes with the 'Resave entries' extension and targeting the preferences page via Ajax for now.

Resaves all entries from current Section.. good start to nested pages using Entries for me! thanks for pointing me in the right direction.