Search

Hey guys,

I am simply trying to create a section that allows me to upload a file, specifically an image. I am able to create the section without any problems. The issue is when I make a new entry and choose the file. When I click save, to save the entry, I receive a very strange error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined
function finfo_open() in
/$root/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.general.php
on line 934

I've searched around but have been unsuccessful in finding a solution to the problem. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance.

If you update to the latest version of Symphony CMS I think you'll find that it's fixed.

Symphony won't be supporting PHP 5.2 much longer as I understand it, so you may also want to update that to a more recent version.

I recently installed Symphony for the first time on the 11th of this month. I believe this is the most current version. Am I wrong in that?

You could try editing this method so that it always uses the fallback rather than finfo_open().

Which version of PHP are you running?

I don't know what version I am running. I'm assuming it would be most current as I'm hosting on dreamhost and I recently purchased the service.

As you suggested, modifying the method does work. My question is what happens when the update is required?

I suggest contacting your host to ask why the function is undefined and what version of PHP you're running.

It looks like you may need to enable the appropriate extension.

Alright, I talked to dreamhost. Even though I am running PHP 5.3, the extension was disabled by default. They made the change for me. They also said that it is unlikely that anyone would make this change for me in the future. The directions that you provided though would work in that case. Thank you very much!

They also said that it is unlikely that anyone would make this change for me in the future.

Wow, that's reassuring(!).

Glad it's working now.