Search

Hi all! I have a front-end submission interface where the visitor is able to edit and click the submit button (everything is working with a Symphony Event), this is going to create a new entry for a section. The thing is that I want to email the admins when a visitor submits a new entry. I read the few documentation about the Send Email Notification Filter for the event but I cannot really get what's going on here.

I have not configured my default email settings yet, I did it once for testing purposes and nothing happened, I didn't receive any email.

The suggestion symphony is showing up right now is as follows:

<form action="" method="post">
    <fieldset>
      <label>Name <input type="text" name="fields[author]" value="" /></label>
      <label>Email <input type="text" name="fields[email]" value="" /></label>
      <label>Message <textarea name="fields[message]" rows="5" cols="21"></textarea></label>
      <input name="send-email[sender-email]" value="fields[email]" type="hidden" />
      <input name="send-email[sender-name]" value="fields[author]" type="hidden" />
      <input name="send-email[reply-to-email]" value="fields[email]" type="hidden" />
      <input name="send-email[reply-to-name]" value="fields[author]" type="hidden" />
      <input name="send-email[subject]" value="You are being contacted" type="hidden" />
      <input name="send-email[body]" value="fields[message]" type="hidden" />
      <input name="send-email[recipient]" value="fred" type="hidden" />
      <input id="submit" type="submit" name="action[save-contact-form]" value="Send" />
    </fieldset>
  </form>

I copied and pasted the important fields, keeping them hidden, but it seems other form is required. What should I do?

a few things to check

make sure the send email filter is is attached to the event save contact form event (go to event page and highlight it in the list)

make sure "fred" is the account username in your send-email[recipient] line and that users email is correct.

and make sure the event is attached to the page.

<input name="send-email[recipient]" value="fred" type="hidden" />

Are you sure that you have an author called "fred"? :-)

Looks like you have copied the example code. You must use an existing author name as recipient, of course.

Thanks! I didn't know that you had to add the usernames instead of the emails.