Search

Hey,

I read here http://www.getsymphony.com/learn/concepts/view/data-sources/ that we were supposed to be able to import an external XML as a data source, but I don't see any option on the backend. Does it need to be hacked into a custom data source?

I tried this extension: http://symphonyextensions.com/extensions/remote_datasource/ but it doesn't need to be working with 2.5.0

Thanks!

Hi Paul,

You were on the right track, Remote Datasource should work for you, as far as I know it's just the compatibility not being updated.

The old datasource you were seeing (dynamic datasource) has been deprecated and no longer supported, as remote datasource is far more robust and has more options.

Hey, thanks for the answer.

It's really not working for me.. it gives me an error when I save the data source. The only message is the SQL query:

DELETE FROM sym_cache WHERE hash = 09715ebb8ca0eab80858fbdda864a289

funnily enough, I've just discovered that if I press "back" and "save" again it does work! so that's my workaround for creating the data source..

unfortunately that also happens in the frontend. I get this:

MySQL Error (1054): Unknown column 'fac9d992d0072bee966f0667621b8fe4' in 'where clause' in query: DELETE FROM sym_cache WHERE hash = fac9d992d0072bee966f0667621b8fe4

But if I refresh, it works..

So since the problem seems to be related to caching, I've set the "Cache expiration" to 0 (which I'm assuming makes the XML be fetched every request?), and now it works every time.. although it's a clunky workaround.

any ideas?

Hmm very strange, you're working on 2.5.0 right? and what version of MySQL do you have?

As far as I can recall there were some recent updates to the caching stuff so maybe there was a break within the core functionality.. but can't recall the bug report. If you upgrade to 2.5.2 do you still have the same problem?

Sorry for not having replied yet, I'll try soon and let you know! Thank you