Search

Hi all,

I hear a fork of Symphony using MongoDB apparently called Bantam was available at some point. I've been searching for the last 30mins but I can't find anything.

Any idea what happened to that or was I just taken for a ride?

Cheers for any help.

Apparently, you can use the Symfony PHP framework with MongoDB, but this has nothing to do with Symphony CMS.

Yeah. I did ask if he meant Symfony or Symphony CMS. It was definitely the latter.

I have never heard of such a fork — and I am pretty active here.

I was afraid you'd say that :)

Thanks @jensscherbl. It wasn't just the MongoDB thing I was intrigued by. Apparently this mysterious CMS used elasticsearch and provided some kind of API.

Mhh...

Symphony kinda does provide an API for its core functions, and you can easily create your own APIs to make your data available in native apps etc.

There was also an extension for elasticsearch a while ago, but I guess that's no longer maintained.

Arrgh. I'm starting to think the bloke was having me on. Damn! It sounded absolutely perfect. Thanks for the help anyway.

Well, I don't really know your purpose, but there's no need to use NoSQL when MySQL works just fine for Symphony.

On the other hand, Symphonys concept would benefit from schemales approach but I'd rather want to see something like Symphony built on top of node that deals with JSON instead XML data. ;D

@lyloth: you may have a look at cockpit: http://getcockpit.com/

In some aspects, it's quite similar to Symphony CMS. Works with MongoDB as well as SqLite.

Offtopic: Cockpit looks sexy