Search

I'm in a situation right now where I'm working on two Symphony sites simultaneously, and sometimes I have both backends open at once. It would be immensely helpful if I could distinguish between the two tabs or windows by page title, but right now the backend only titles its pages like "Symphony - Components" rather than something like "{$website-name} - Admin - Components."

Thoughts?

We've considered this. Here's why it won't work:

• If {$website-name} is long, or your browser's tab width is short, you're not going to get the most important information: Components. (Or, as in Safari, the title text is truncated from the left, you'll miss {$website-name}, so this change will have no effect.)
  • It's common for sites' front-end title text to start with {$website-name}, which makes admin page titles less distinct. We specifically use "Symphony" rather than "Admin" for this reason.

Makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

I had both reactions and agree with Scott. Also, I think the distinction between frontend and backend is more important than one site backend to another because the former most likely occurs more often.

What about, rather than the website name within the context of Symphony, the domain name of said site?