Search

For an upcoming project it looks like we're going to be building a pretty rich interface on top of Symphony, and using Symphony just as a data store. So Events will be used, and no doubt there will be much copying and pasting of the HTML examples from the Event page in Symphony.

I was wondering if there was a neater way of doing this -- generate the form HTML directly from Symphony, rather than duplicating into a static version.

I first tried iterating through the nodes of a Section entry, writing out form fields (depending on whether nodes have handles, dates/times, Yes/No values etc.). However when you have a Select Box, the other possible values for the select aren't in the XML -- only the current selected value for a section entry.

So my next thought is that Symphony itself generates the HTML on the Event page, so can this code be re-used in the front end. Would it be relatively simple to expose this as a public method (from the contentBlueprintsEvents class) that can be called from the front-end?

Or even a way to return the HTML as a text dump in the XML for a page where the event is included?

Any thoughts welcome!

You mean like this.