Search

I tried to create my own but failed. Anyone care to update the 1.7 to the 2.0 version?

Give this a go.

There are a couple of limitations. Firstly, it will ping no matter what the section. What would be nice is the ability to choose which sections it applies to.

Also, the delegate it is using is not a good choice as it applies to all pages. The notify function checks to make sure you are on the publish page. When the delegates for Editing and Creating of entries are available (prob rev6), this extension will be updated to use those instead.

Lastly, there is no feedback if the ping worked. Ideally there should be a ping log. Also, there should be a record of which entries have been pinged already.

Anyway, it’s pretty much an exact copy of the 1.7 version.

Thanks! Will test it out. I think i forgot to include the gateway class in the one I modified from the 1.7.

I guess this don't work with 2.0-final?

It should do. Symphony 2.0 provides some extra delegate hooks for making the detection of a new/save event a little cleaner.

I like Alistair's idea of a ping log so one can be sure that the extension is indeed working. Although I'm not sure if checking whether each entry has already been pinged is too useful, since edits should also trigger a ping methinks.

One nice addition would be the ability to specify the URL of an RSS feed that also gets sent in the request.

I've been waiting for an excuse to write an extension that plays with Configuration/Preferences, so I might give this a go.

I’ve test this extension and can confirm it now works with 2.0.2. I’ve updated it slightly so that it uses the appropriate new/delete/edit delegates, and added as an official extension.

I’ve left all original attributions to Alistair.

http://github.com/nickdunn/pingomatic/tree/master