Search

There is a large (20 Mb) Dynamic XML file. What is the best way to process this data source?

You could try pasting it into a Static Data Source (Blueprints > Components > Data Sources > New and select Static from the Source list), but I fear it’s just too large. Your page will load the entire file into memory, which will take some time!

Do you need all of that data? What is it used for?

Perhaps some pre-processing can be done on it (with PHP DOM manipulation or XSLT) before loading into Symphony.

This file is affilate product feed. It includes all information about products, product categories, etc.

I thought about pre-processing. I divided origin file into parts (with XSLT).

There were some problems:

• long time for page creation;
  • error “Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded ” for files > 1Mb.

Is it possible to transform data from XML file (with PHP and XSLT) to Symphony MySQL tables?

It is not possible to transform data from XML files to Symphony MySQL tables yet, but it would be a very good feature to request. To transform XML into Symphony MySQL, several Symphony Sections have to be created to normalize the database.

Perhaps another solution would be to WGET the XML file with a Cronjob and load the file from the localhost as Static XML.