Search

I was wondering if someone could explain to me how this forum (based on Symphony) is working. How the sections, data sources and pages are builded. I want to build something similiar, something more like a simple CRM and I think that the forum structure could help me.

We all are waiting for it. Until now, only the Member Manager has been (unofficially) released.

Hmm. I’m not interested so much in Members managment, but more in sorting entries by latest comments for example.

You may have to edit that DS manually (I don’t know how, sorry).

sorting entries by latest comments for example.

This can be done in the core.

1. Create a Latest comments DS: grab comments section, limit by 5, sort by date descending, set output param to output your article ID.
  2. Create a Articles by latest comments DS: grab article section, filter your system ID by $ds-latest-comments.

Thanks Allen for the tip :) I’ve done what you’ve described but It’s not working as I expected. The “articles by latest comments” DS is showing only those articles that have comments (and I want to show also the articles without comments) and they are not sorted in right way.

Although the $ds-latest-comments param is outputing correct order of articles.

I want to achieve something similiar to our forum. The newest articles are on the top (at first they have no comments) and when the comments are added to the older articles they go higher in order.

Unfortunately what you’re looking for will require some custom DS work.

Ok. Thanks for the information. I’ll play with the DS and report back.

You might simply wait, because the team promised to release the forum ensemble when it is stable.

Any news about the forum ensemble?

Not as of yet. We’re trying to solve the more pressing issues regarding ensembles first:

• Modular snap-on functionality
  • Version compatibility

We also need a better support for Ensembles for the Symphony website, which we are also working on.

I would be happy to have a “standard ensemble”. I’d put it in 1000 pieces and build something great!

We’re stretched quite thin as of late with the work we’ve got. I’m putting out a call for help to see if anyone would be interested in getting the source code for the forum portion of the Symphony site and turning it into a generic ensemble package for us.

Seriously? I’m in! It seems to be my area of expertise. (Anything to get my hands on the source code, really. Plus, you’ve already got my email. Just click send.)

bauhouse, you are the best candidate for the job. Hope to hear from you soon.

If there is anything I can contribute, drop me a line.

Quick update. I spent several hours getting a rough version of the forum ensemble ready. I’m almost done with it and will pass it over to Bauhouse for some TLC.

I can’t wait to get my handy dirty with this.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Allen. I’ll give it all the TLC I can!

What the hell is TLC? Traffic Light Control?

It just means it needs some love: TLC = “Tender Love and Care” or “Tender Loving Care”