Search

Not sure if it’s been asked before - I had a little search and couldn’t turn up anything. I’d quite like to share my language switcher with the community in the future (once I’ve changed a few features, tidied it up and when I have the time).

Is there a tutorial about somewhere that documents making an extension?

This is about the closest to information about the extension API. It’s not much and we definitely have plans to make something comprehensive. However, I’m sure our new recruit, Craig will attest that there’s a huge load of work we’ve got going!

I have no idea what you’re talking about ;)

@Allen: Woah! Lewis updated the documentation on extensions. Good to know. :-)

I’m really just trying to figure out how to affect fields in the admin. I want to convert the upload file field to an Ajax uploader that could move the file without creating the entry so that it can be previewed alongside the other fields. It shouldn’t be too tricky to implement, it’s just a case of finding out how to do it!

For now the best way is to look for a similar extension around and picking it apart. Either that or you can go to the #symphony IRC channel (irc.freenode.net) and pick someone’s brain there.