Search

Hi Folks

I’ve been using XML/XSLT for quite a while now, and I work in the CMS business already, so I don’t consider myself a complete newbie.

But I don’t really get the structure of Symphony CMS and I’ve read the ‘Creating a Theme for Symphony’ at Bauhouse. But that tutorial was written in 2006 and the latest Symphony CMS is from 2009. So the tutorial is pretty old and not up to date.

Where is all the documentation and tutorials for the latest version ? Are there any ?

I really like the idea of the system, and I would like to learn how to use it.

// Sebastian

Sebastian,

First off Welcome! Secondly:

1. Documentation has historically been a weak point with Symphony
  2. From what I understand, Craig Zheng is maddeningly close to remedying that

One problem I remember from ~2 years ago when I started with Symphony is that there is precious little in terms of a ‘mile-high view’ description of the system. However, here is a recent effort at such a description (by Craig):

alt text

If you already understand XSL, then once it ‘clicks’ for you, I think you’ll really like it.

Hi Sebatian, welcome to the community!

As Andrew has pointed out, we’re very close to having the new site released with more comprehensive documentation. You can read more about it on our most recent blog entry. For now, please don’t hesitate to ask questions.