Search

A new extension, “Export Entry” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Woop, have been waiting for someone to release a CSV exporter. We have one in the works (that Alistair wrote for us) so I’m keen to see what you came up with. There isn’t a Zip or a Github repo on the Extension page :-(

This will come in very handy for the jobs project!

Nice one..

What about import entry using csv? is this possible do you think?

I’ve added the repository link for Brendan, since he’s gone home for the day.

Heh sorry, I thought it auto-linked to github :) Thanks buzz.

The extension is working fine for my uses at work, but I’d be interested to see how well it works for others.

My original vision was to recreate something similar to the datasource editor and output the result as a csv, but time restraints led me to this simplified version.

I hope it’s still of use.

@moonoo2 It’d probably be quite possible. I believe you can already do this if you wrote a custom event that would parse the file and then make use of the allow_multiple event option to process each row.

Export Entry updated to version 0.3 on 7th of December 2009

Fixed a few bugs in the .csv output and AJAX UI.

Now uses each field’s own method for outputting values instead of relying on the value. Exception is that file fields will just return the link to the file instead of the HTML.

Export Entry updated to version 0.4 on 21st of December 2009

This release adds support for the Select Box Link field. The testing has been fairly minimal (just with the default S2 workspace), so I’m not sure how it’ll go out in the real world.

It should work, any issues/questions just ask.

Brendo, is this extension still actively updated/maintained? I recently started a topic about multiple extensions doing the same thing. When I looked at Nick Dunn's list of extensions with duplicate content I noticed this extension and my import/export CSV extension are on that list.

How about we join forces and combine these 2 extensions into one solid import/export-extension? I like the idea about how you can filter your exported CSV on a certain field. Could that be something to implement in import/export CSV?

I actually forgot I had this extension!

I use your Import/Export CSV extension these days as it's more fully featured. I think it'd be a good idea to merge the ideas together where possible, so happy to fold this extension into yours.