Search

Well, that’s my question above. The ‘plain’ text editor is anoying me big time because i can’t use tab, there is no syntax coloring etc etc.

I ask this because i found out, that when i download files from the server, and edit them with Netbeans, then upload it again.. everything is broken. The files are fine.. the source is fine, but just because i rename something the whole thing is broken. Even when i change these names in all the other files.

Is there a better solution for this. I don’t want to spent hours in a (< 1995) window.

You can edit all your files directly on the server. But if you rename your pages, database and file structure won’t match anymore. If you rename data sources or events, take care that filename and class name still match.

As Nils says, by all means edit them in your favourite editor, but don’t change their names! Symphony uses a “convention over configuration” approach, so you’ll notice the patterns in the naming of files.

I never do. I edit them all from within Coda. There’s actually a topic full of some very useful clips if you’re interested.

ok thank you,

i’ve setup pages many times… and had to remove again…

Coda doesnt work for me, i’m on Windows 7. Symphony saves the xsl files as 755. i’m unable to edit them

Symphony saves the xsl files as 755. i’m unable to edit them

When you first install Symphony, you can choose the file permissions for created files and directories.

You can also change file permissions, after the fact, under /manifest/config.php.

'file' => array('write_mode' => '0775',),

There’s also one for directories.

ok thank you

You can also use Edit Area extension for syntax coloring, and tab usage in pages editor.

Oeeh that looks hot thnx