Search

Hi,

This is my first post so please be patient with me :).

I’ve just followed ‘TheJester12’s helpful instructions on how to install the Lunarvis TinyBrowser Media File Browser plugin for the RichText TinyMCE Text Formatter extension. However, after installation I seem to be experiencing a cosmetic issue with TinyMCE.

Lets say that I am in the admin, editing the content of a page at http://www.local.tld/symphony/publish/pages/edit/10/. When I successfully upload and select an image for inclusion within my textarea, the image appears correctly. However, when I click save the image holder is visible but the image itself is not. This appears to be because TinyMCE automatically reformats the image URL (making it relative to the page you are editing) and then redirects me to http://www.local.tld/symphony/publish/pages/edit/10/saved/ - the relative image URL is now invalid. I’ve attached a screenshot.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this? Perhaps I need to amend TinyMCE so that it doesn’t format the URL?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I was going to post this in the bugs section but a) I’m not sure if this is a bug, and b) would I be correct in assuming that the bugs section relates to Symphony and not the associated extensions?

Attachments:
TinyMCE.jpg

Yeah, that’s happened to me before. You’ll want to check your paths in a few areas. First, as mentioned in my previous instructions about Lunarvis’ file browser, you’ll want to check the paths in the file richtext_tinymce > lib > plugins > tinybrowser > config_tinybrowser.php

Make sure these three lines are set correctly:

$tinybrowser['path']['image'] = '/workspace/uploads/images/'; // Image files location - also creates a '_thumbs' subdirectory within this path to hold the image thumbnails    
$tinybrowser['path']['media'] = '/workspace/uploads/media/'; // Media files location
$tinybrowser['path']['file']  = '/workspace/uploads/files/'; // Other files location

Once you’re confident in those things, you may need to play around with the settings in your TinyMCE config file. Which is found in richtext_tinymce >assets > applyMCE.js

You may need to add one or two configuration lines that you can read about on the TinyMCE wiki.

• Relative URLs - can be set to true or false, use false if you’re going to use the next option.
  • Document Base URL - You can set to be exactly what you want, like http://www.yoursite.com/

Hi, thanks for your reply. Setting the Relative URLs variable to false and defining a Document Base URL worked a treat. Much appreciated.

It would be nice if the TinyMCE init variables could be set within the Preferences section of the Symphony admin, rather than inside a JavaScript file (even if the applyMCE.js file was generated by Symphony when the preferences were updated). That way the Document Base URL would be detected by Symphony rather than having to hard code it. Do you think that would be easy to do?

Also, out of curiosity, do you combine the JIT Image Manipulation extension with TinyMCE/TinyBrowser?

I don’t right now… I haven’t 100% figured out my favorite way of allowing authors to upload images and resize/etc.

hi there, quick searching on Google brings me here.and Im working on image saving ,does TinyMCE provide any source codes written in .Net? If yes ,Plz give me some detail guide,thx in adv.as a beginner in image programming ,I acme across some open source code , like image saving .but it is not really free.Free source code is in need .Any help is appreciated.