Search

A new extension, “Indecent Filter” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

This looks really interesting! My only question is would it be possible to have the black list pull from a Symphony section so it’s client-editable?

I’d really hate to have to go in each time they have a new word they want blocked.

Authors have access to the filter so they can update the list themselves :)

I’m not sure how it would work pulling the data from a section. Would each word be a new entry? Or would it be a static section with just one field?

I kept it file based so that it was version controllable and portable.

Hmm. Maybe a section wouldn’t be best. I guess my worry is that some of my clients who aren’t tech-savvy are going to have trouble with this.

To give you some idea, I’ve actually had a client as me how to rename a file on their desktop. That pretty much focused me on how I need to make things as intuitive and client-friendly as possible.

Having it be part of the Symphony user interface would provide it with a more integrated platform for users.

Having each word as an individual entry would make it easier to manage but more time-consuming to add new ones as opposed to having each word in a sort of tag list, for example.

On Symphony 2.2.3 I get an There was an error saving the Indecent Filter List when trying to add indecent keywords. If this is a rights-problem, where are the keywords actually stored? manifest/config.php? Or is there an incompatibility with the current Symphony version?

Thanks for any hint!

The list is saved to /extensions/indecent/lib/indecentfilter.txt, which is really bad, so in the new version (for 2.3, not yet released) they are stored in /workspace/indecent/indecent.txt.

Thanks Brendo!

@brendo updated this to be compatible with Symphony 2.3.

Cool, would it be possible to also get it to work with regular expressions? In addition to profanity, I want to block email addresses and URLs.

Happy to accept a pull request that includes that functionality. At the moment, no it's not possible as each term is wrapped in preg_quote and treated like a term.