Search

Hello!

It’s been 2 weeks I’m fiddling around with Symphony and believe me, it’s not so easy when you’re into the middle of a housemoving to check the documentation. I almost had to do it at work, remember and write down some stuff, bring it at home and try out.

So here I am now, ready to ask my first question as I haven’t been able to find anything like that on the board… or I haven’t been able to find the right words to search for.

On my homepage, there are highlights. Basically, I’m just “highlighting” the last post of 3 sections and then, I want to display the following posts of one of the section but, I don’t know how to avoid the first post so it works like “SQL limit”.

I don’t know if I’ve been clear or not.

I thought about things but I wasn’t sure, maybe I should get the highlighted post id as a DS output but then, I still don’t know how to exclude it from the other DS.

Thank you for your help!

I still don’t know how to exclude it from the other DS

Data Sources presently don’t allow “not” filtering. So if you wanted to show entries position 2, 3 and 4 you could limit your DS to 4 entries and in your XSLT hide the first one.

Is that close?

Thats close indeed. But if I wanted to add a “highlight” checkbox to my section, then, I couldn’t excluse it that easily from the other DS…

I’ll wait for the “not” filtering then!

Thank you for your answer :)