Search

I often copy the xml from Symphony’s built-in editor and work with it, either in AquaPath or more recently Editx, a java xml-xslt editor, I recently discovered. This means a trip to a text editor to strip out the line numbers. Is there a way to just expose the raw xml so that I don’t have to make that extra trip?

Thanks,

Do you mean from the ?debug page? The latest Debug Devkit (probably with 2.0.7) allows you to copy the XML without the line numbers.

Nick comes through again. A quick check on the extensions shows a Debug DevKit version 1.0.3. Now I’m off to install 2.0.7.

This will be my first upgrade of a functioning site, I may be back…

thanks,

backup, backup, backup

And backup!

Of course an <xsl:copy-of select="/data/*"/> should also do the trick.

And if you ruin everything, just type

<xsl:copy-of select="//nickdunn"/>

and your Nick will repair it for you. :-)

Of course an <xsl:copy-of select="/data/*"/> should also do the trick.

Yep. But updating to 2.0.7 is nevertheless a good thing. I will do this for my websites soon.

@michael-e A good thing like flossing, or a good thing like a new moleskine notebook?

Ummm. Like flossing with a new moleskine notebook.

@FredD: Simply like a new notebook. Feels different.

And the performance increase is very big on some websites. A big thank you to Nick Dunn!

Anyway I’d recommend updating a copy of your website first. Check everything, especially extensions!

Hmm… all is well after upgrade … except I’ve lost all my JIT Image Manipulation created thumbnails.

The core is working well (for everything except some edge cases that I’ve come across), but some extensions may not be compatible. That’s where I’ve had some upgrade issues. So, yes, definitely check extensions.

Hmm… all is well after upgrade … except I’ve lost all my JIT Image Manipulation created thumbnails.

There is a fix that hasn’t been pulled into the official extension repository.

@bauhouse: My hero! That did the trick. Everything else seems okay. Thanks for your help.

There is a fix that hasn’t been pulled into the official extension repository.

Are you sure? Strange. The fix seems to be in the ZIP download from the Symphony website.

Of course, you’re right. It looks like the fix has been pulled in.

@bauhose Thanks the fix fixed it.

And I can, once I upgraded the Debug DevKit, copy with no page numbers in the debug mode.