Search

I’m just beginning work on a Symphony site which will be hosted with Innter.net, a host that I have no experience with. For whatever weird reasons they don’t allow mod_rewrite rules in .htaccess files. From a support reply:

“Please note that you can NOT use mod_rewrite rules in a .htaccess file due to security and performance reasons. If you want to use mod_rewrite rules we can place them for your webserver directly in the server configuration after a separate security check.”

So they do allow rules to be added but they must be submitted for approval and then are applied by the support staff in some magical way. I’m no expert on Apache-related stuff but did manage to finally get Symphony 2.07 installed and running on their server once the required rules were approved and applied.

Now I’m trying to simply activate the JIT extension and it’s failing, perhaps due to the lack of .htaccess file in the root directory. The log says:

WARNING: 2 - file_get_contents(/blabla/html/newsite/.htaccess) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file /blabla/html/newsite/extensions/jit_image_manipulation/extension.driver.php on line 76

The entire content of the basic .htaccess file created by the installer (which if I read it right contains JIT rewrite rules) has already been approved and magically applied but JIT activation fails as the actual .htaccess file is not there. I think.

Anyone know of a way to enable JIT without having an .htaccess file at the root? Or has anyone else had any experience with these Innter.net people?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Can you not put the .htaccess file in the root anyway? Even though the rules wouldn’t work from that file?

Yep tried that. Not only do the rules not work from that file but the server then throws a ‘500 Error’ for everything inside the folder where I put the .htaccess file. So then I can’t access the admin pages to enable JIT!

Argh.