Search

I see you speak a lot about making symph more popular and similar… Did anyone consider putting a demo on opensourcecms.com, or putting demo anywhere?

I’m always looking for new solutions and opensourcecms.com is a big resource… (this is not ad :)

I agree with pogonik. To spread the word putting a demo on opensourcecms.com (and on this website) is a good idea. The more exposure the better, right?

I remember seeing Symphony on the CMS’s not listed page because it uses xsl and xslt modules which the server did not have (at the time). But this was a while ago. Its worth another shot.

Has been submitted multiple times before, more info here: http://getsymphony.com/discuss/thread/778/

It may be worth another try, but unfortunately it seems unlikely.

I don’t know if this would work, as I see Symphony as more of a framework than a CMS… Unless the default ensemble was the demo…

Framework or cms, same you can say for ModX, Drupal and so on. In fact, those two are considered as frameworks, not cms, so that can’t be a reason.

If their server does not support XSLT, Symphony team can host demo somewhere else, and just send them a link.

You can see on their page said: “If we can’t host the demo (or you don’t want us to) you must provide a functioning demo.”

There is simply no reason for Symphony not to apear on that website (or maybe no visible one).

For what it’s worth, Symphony’s quite different from ModX and Drupal. Terms like CMS and framework are pretty relative and are often used loosely, but the fact remains that Symphony’s just unlike most other systems in very fundamental ways.

That said, we should have a demo if at all possible.