Search

Hello, I’ve just encountered a little bug (I’m working on enhancing selectbox_link extension - which forces me to mess with a Symphony core):

In a symphony/content/content.publish.php there are lines 108 and 109:

## Remove the create button if there is a section link field, and no filtering set for it
$section_links = $section->fetchFields('sectionlink');

The aim of those two lines is clear thanks to the comment. But the thing is that the type of section link fields is not ‘sectionlink’ but ‘selectbox_link’ (at least, in my database). When I changed it then everything works fine.

Am I right? And… is github to report this kind of little bugs? Are they somehow fixed right after reporting and confirming by someone? Or do we need to wait until next version? I must learn how to use it but no time for now… :(

Section Link was replaced by Select Box Link so this is a bug. However the Select Box Link is now an extension and not part of the core, so really Symphony should be referencing a field type explicitly, instead it should be looking for extensions like Select Box Link, which provide relationships.

Am I right?

Yep this looks like a bug.

Are they somehow fixed right after reporting and confirming by someone?

You should always report them on the issue tracker so that the team and community are aware of the bug. If you are able to fix yourself, then the best thing to do is:

• log the issue on the issue tracker
  • fork symphony-2 on Github.com
  • do the fix and send a pull request back to the team (to pull in your changes)
  • post a comment onto the issue tracker thread with a link to your fix, for future reference

Don’t worry too much if you don’t have time to submit the fix yourself — the team will still be grateful for your effort in finding, diagnosing and reporting the bug.