Search

Hi all -

I’m running into an issue getting JIT image manipulation working. I’m running v1.09 on Symphony 2.1.1. No matter what mode I try or how strictly I stick to the example code on github, it just returns a blank page.

For example, this original:

http://dev.iivs.liminalux.com/workspace/assets/images/page_images/assay.home.labimage1.jpg

written out as:

http://dev.iivs.liminalux.com/image/1/80/80/assets/images/page_images/assay.home.labimage1.jpg

returns nada.

Any suggestions?

You sure JIT’s enabled and the the correct rules were generated in .htaccess?

Try adding php_value display_errors On to the .htaccess for some more information.

@czheng: Assuming the below are the correct rules, then yes?

### IMAGE RULES
RewriteRule ^image/(.+.(jpg|gif|jpeg|png|bmp))$ extensions/jit_image_manipulation/lib/image.php?param=$1 [L,NC]

@brendo: I did so, but nothing different happens. IE gives me a clientside 404 and Firefox just stays blank.

Are those images are external to your site or in different subdomain?

Where does JIT store it’s cached images? Is that folder writeable by PHP on your system?

@icek: They’re in my subdomain.

@designermonkey: I have no idea on where JIT does its business. How do I find out to tell you?

I was hoping someone would chime in and say, I’ve (still) not got to JIT stage yet, but with the amount of permissions issues I’ve dealt with, I’m just throwing it out there…

I’ll have a look…

They’re in /manifest/cache/. Also, I think JIT should report to the logfiles in /manifest/logs/, can you have a look?

Yay, logs! The cache directory is 755.

The log says: ERROR: 256 - Cannot load CMYK JPG Images in file /home/asamodurov/projects/iivs/development/extensions/jitimagemanipulation/lib/image.php on line 220

Anyone willing to interpret this?

The problem seems to be exactly that: JIT does not (properly) handle CMYK images.

To make sure, try converting them/a couple to RGB and test again.

As the log says, JIT can’t process CMYK images. You have to convert those to RGB before uploading.

I figured that last one was a forehead slapper, but I wanted to be certain.

Thanks for the help!