Search

Hello, dear all

I am new to symphony, and have already installed version 2.1, and just now trying symphony 3.0.0 Beta from GIT (assume it can work regarding basic functionality).

The installation is OK, while seems no workspace, I copied the workspace in version 2.1 to it but can not work.

From GIT http://github.com/symphony/workspace , does this workspace project work for version 3.0.0 beta?

If not, could any one help on how to make such a workspace for version 3? Or if there is a sample zip file for it will be of great help.

Thanks a lot.

Symphony 3 isn’t really in a state yet where it’s worth doing much other than playing around — unless you’re planning on helping to develop it. It’s not really meant for public consumption — I believe it was more of a public preview for extension developers rather than users/developers of Symphony sites.

To the best of my knowledge, there’s not a sample workspace available yet (although there should be when it comes out of beta).

Give it a little while longer to cook :)

I found the db backend seems better designed in version 3, which is quite conveninent for integration with other php/java (I am java developer) applications.

In version 2.1, I found many tables like symentriesdata1, symentriesdata2, … , symentriesdata_22, which are not easy to understand why this way…

And I just need the VERY VERY fundmental function of symphony, so want to try if symphony 3 works after trying S2.

And I just need the VERY VERY fundmental function of symphony, so want to try if symphony 3 works after trying S2.

Feel free to play around, but please don’t use Symphony 3 on any production sites just yet. There may still be some fundamental things that change.

@czheng, thanks for reply. while the db schema will not have big change, right? Any roadmap for S3 available now? :)

My Tech Stuff site is powered by Symphony 3. If you would like to use it as a starting point I can send it to you as an ensemble or just a zip file of the workspace. You can get my email address from the site’s contact page. But be advised that I had to use a lot of custom data sources because 3.0 is incomplete.

After install version 3, and when I try to create a section via admin backend, I got below error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class FieldTextBox in D:softwareXAMPPxampp-win32-1.7.3xampphtdocssymphony3extensionsfield_textboxfieldsfield.textbox.php on line 616

Anything I missed? Thanks a lot.