Search

A new extension, “Status Field” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

@kanduvisla - Very nice. Sounds interesting. Would you mind giving us an example of how you would use this in an example workflow?

We currently are building a website for a real estate company. They have a lot of houses, and people can subscribe to a house using the website.

In Symphony, subscribed members can be linked to a house and be given a status. In the beginning, all houses have the status ‘available’, but when a user want is they can set the status the ‘reserved’, later to ‘option’ (which is valid for 2 weeks, therefore the ‘valid until’-functionality), etc… etc… until it finaly reaches ‘sold’. It was a requirement for the client to have a history shown for this.

Another example could be a webshop, where somebody buys something, pays for it and wait for it to get shipped. In Symphony you can asign statusses like ‘accepted’, ‘payment received’, ‘shipped’, ‘cancelled’, etc… Using a login the customer can log in on the site and show the history of it’s order (at which date the status was changed).

These are just 2 examples, one real-life example and one of the top of my hat, but it shows the possibilities.

I could think of using this for an article-review-process. However, in this case displaying the user responsible for the status-change would be nice.

However, in this case displaying the user responsible for the status-change would be nice

Feel free to fork ;-)

I could think of using this for an article-review-process

Definitely, for entry moderation when you need an audit trail.

kanduvisla, I take it you can filter entries on this field to get those with a specific value?

I take it you can filter entries on this field to get those with a specific value?

Haven’t tested it yet, but you should be able to filter to get the entries with a specific value. (edit: tested it, works)

But I’ve got the feeling it’s not clear what the extension does and does not. It’s only a status field which keeps a history of each time the status is changed. It does not keep a history of the complete entry like Entry Versions for example.

Was this clear from the beginning?

Was to me :-)

Of course. :-)

This could be used then, for a project/ticket status also? In a workflow situation?

@designermonkey: yes it could

This seems perfect for a project I'm working on. Filtering works fine for simple matches, but is there a way to set up a data source to return fields that specifically don't have (or have had) a certain status?

Any chance we could set a default value for this field? the default is no value at present.

Status Field updated to version 0.2 on 15th of December 2011

• Compatibility for Symphony 2.3
  • Pre- 2.3 installation should use the 2.2.2-tag instead.