Search

Hi I’m new to symphony, but I’m certain I’ve found my new favorite CMS.

I’ve tested A LOT of CMS’ for my project and I’m settling in on Symphony as it’s the only CMS that has the granularity and functionality I want.

I’m building a site primarily for the Danish Adobe User Community. The main goal of the site at launch is to provide a dictionary of translations but also serve as an extended manual about the features.

If you think of Photoshop as a guide I will be supplying both the English and Danish translation of the features. But not all programs are translated and will only have the English names.

So what I’m looking for is a way to describe if a program is translated and if so enable a text field to fill in the Danish name.

Should I just Have a text field and leave it optional using XSLT on the pages to filter out the blanks, or should I create this functionality in the Sections?

Thanks, Ida

Hi Aalandriel, and welcome. Have you seen the Multilingual Field? Does that do what you’re looking for?

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes I did test the Multilingual Field but it seems that only one value can be visible at the time.

The values are visible in the xml, so it should just be a matter of adding this to a template

But it doesn’t work… I only get the Danish value (Danish is set as primary language).

The code got displaced…

<xsl:value-of select="@handle-da"/>
<xsl:value-of select="@handle-en"/>

Nevermind that it works.

It really helps to specify the right node…