Search

I hope someone here can help me cause I’m a bit stumped.

I am trying to get an iPhone application to be able to submit a form to Symphony. I’ve got the application generating the form request just as the form does when you submit it from a page linked to the event.

What I get back is the form itself from that page and no data is entered into Symphony.

I know I’m missing something here but it seems like I really need to access the event directly? If so, how do you go about this?

Sorry if this is an silly question I’m new to symphony.

Cheers Brendt

Sounds like you’re on the right track. Submitting a POST request to the page should work. Have you tried submitting directly in the browser? Is the event ‘admin only’? Sounds like it’s failing validation or something.

Try changing the form action to action="?debug" and see what the event XML looks like in the response.

Side note: You can have your XSLT provide a different response if the form’s been submitted successfully…

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping someone would be able to help me out!

The form on the page itself works fine in a browser. This is how I got the required format for the http request.

Not sure what you mean by changing the action to action=”?debug” where do you mean for me to do this? In the page xsl?

The redirect didn’t help things on the iphone. The page redirects fine in the browser after successful submission but I still get the form html in the response to the iphone.

Turns out the problem was on the iPhone side. Switched to a 3rd party library to handle HTTPRequests, http://allseeing-i.com/ASIHTTPRequest/ and it is all working fine now.

I guess I was doing something wrong when creating the request but this library takes care of that for you.

To help others out who may be looking to use Symphony as the server side of iPhone projects I’ll write up a post once I’ve figured it all out and finialised this project.

I’ll write up a post once I’ve figured it all out and finialised this project.

Awesome. Looking forward to that, and glad you got it sorted.