Search

I don't like using Google custom search, and I couldn't make YBOSS search extension to work, so I decided to make my own search. However, since I don't know how to make extensions, I edited the Login event and made it generate articles based on a GET variable.

Basically, download this file, edit the variables at the top, and create a new event named search. Then replace event.search.php with this file.

Once you add this to a page, you can add ?q=something to the end of the URL to search.

I'm not a developer, and I know barely any PHP, so you'll probably look at the code and laugh. But it works for me, so I thought I'd share it.

Questions? suggestions? comments? problems? better ways to code this? Enlighten me.

Attachments

I couldn't make YBOSS search extension to work Questions?

I would like to know what didn't work with YSBOSS extension :).

It didn't show up on the extensions page. Plus, I don't really like using yahoo for search anyway.

It didn't show up on the extensions page.

That's really weird. Even if there was something buggy there, it should be listed as extension (just disabled).

Plus, I don't really like using yahoo for search anyway.

OK, thanks for answer anyway.

All I get is a blank page saying "No database selected". I've edited all the variables at the top except the comments and date variables (I have tables for neither).

Any idea what's stopping this from working?

Small update, I'm moving through the file and debugging today and the line that's throwing the error is line 49, which is this line:

mysql_select_db($mysql_database, $connect) or die(mysql_error());