Search

A new extension, “Client Logo” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Useful extension to make easy this customization.

Problem: Typing “../images” (wrong way) result a erro on admin panel. Maybe need a verification on save preferences.

I need comment some lines on extension driver to uninstall it.

Client Logo updated to version 1.1 on 8th of January 2011

Thanks for the suggestion, updated adding a file existence check, that should avoid errors.

needs to be updated to work with 2.2
I believe since the new css it should no longer point to body form h1 but to body wrapper header h1

i've created a fork of this extension to update it to 2.2.

however, being a git newbie, i wonder to myself: what is the proper way to go about forking and releasing somebody else's work? i haven't updated any version numbers, author names, etc, simply to avoid robbing credit where credit is due, but i'd like to hear someone else's view on this.

Send a pullrequest and let them decide. :-)

it wasn't technically 'forked' - the extensions download page didn't have a git link.

i think my best hope is that he/she will read this thread.

What does this extensio do exactly? :)

The description is pretty flowery, but the strapline reads:

Add [a] Client Logo to [the] Symphony header

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I discovered a tiny mistake in fawxs fork in extension.driver.php on line 57.

Should be:$logoheight = min($maxheight,$size[1]); not $logoheight = min($maxheight,$size[0]);

Kind regards, Thomas

excellent, i'll update my repo.

thanks!

@fawx.. Can you create an extensions tutorial? It is much needed

@webface, i haven't written any extensions myself, only modified them. this is a pretty good place to start if you're wanting to build your own.

i've updated my fork of this extension.

• fixed p#notice ("entry saved/created") falling outside the viewport
  • removed logo resizing. if the dev wants to use a gigantic logo, go nuts. this also removes the jit_image_manipulation requirement.

Hi people, sorry for not replying, I jus noticed now the discussions in the thread,

@fawx, thanks a lot for updating the extension to 2.2, consider it yours :) Actually removing the dependance with jit makes sense, since this setting will be usually used by developers who are supposed to know what they are doing, however I found it useful, because in most cases you can use the same logo you use for the frontend, and the jit extension is probably enabled in 99% of symphony installs anyway.

however I found it useful, because in most cases you can use the same logo you use for the frontend, and the jit extension is probably enabled in 99% of symphony installs anyway.

i agree, i hadn't thought of that (using the same frontend logo). i'll probably go ahead and reintegrate it, perhaps with some options. today, though, i just wanted to fix a few little styling issues that were presenting themselves with new symphony builds.

excellent extension, you were an inspiration! thank you.