Search

I have an old (!) 1.7.0.1 site (will not be upgraded), and I just went in search of archive.overture21.com to see if there were any “campfire” (remember “campfires”? :) services still available.

The link appears to be broken, and scour as I might, I cannot seem to spot where the 1.7 archives might be.

Are those resources now offline? Gone … forever? Or are they just lurking somewhere that I haven’t thought to look?

Any help gratefully received!

David.

(There’s also a thread on the issue tracker about that.)

Thanks, eKoeS. But … hmmm … that was a month ago?

Obviously this is low priority, but it would be a wee shame if those resources simply went AWOL! (IMO, obviously.)

I agree. I spent a bit of time searching for the (old) Docs. Especially since results continue to popup in Google.

= Offtopic:

@Djr Hello David, I have ‘seen’ you lots in the Wolf CMS forums, correct? It seems you have a bit of a history with Symphony too :) I’m still quite charmed by Wolf (for ‘simpler’ sites) and wondering when you would personally consider Symphony over Wolf: at what point (re: complexity, functionality) do you start moving away from Wolf?

(Excuse the off-topic-ness, if only one could PM :) )

Did you try the Wayback Machine at Archive.org? Try this link. Don’t think you will be able to download old extensions though,

@davidhund - Yes, (a) I go a long way back with Symphony, and (b) I’m heavily involved with Wolf CMS. Both great tools, and although there’s some overlap (they both manage content, for a start!), they go about it in different ways, of course. I’ll shoot you a note from your website. :)

@bzerangue - many thanks for that link! I never thought to check the Wayback Machine. Even if the “campfire(s)” I’m interested in can’t be downloaded, at least I can find out if they ever existed. That’s a start!