Search

Hi folks,

I’ve recently created a webpage with a newsletter script. You can write your e-mail to a textfield and by clicking on a button, the e-mail is added to a newsletter database - the external database! I’ve created a custom event and implemented a __trigger function in my own way. It works fine, XML is generated nicely. But when I add a mysql_connect function, an error shows up:

Symphony Warning

mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'willaportresort'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

An error occurred in /home/platne/willaportresort/public_html/willaportresort/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.mysql.php around line 150

When I use the same script outside of Symphony, it works fine. I don’t make use of class.mysql.php or any other Symphony class in any place! I only use pure mysql_connect PHP function. Where’s the problem?

using password: NO

Are you sure that you passed a password for the database?

No, that’s not the case.

I’ve changed a structure of my code: mysql_connect is now directly in a __trigger function, not in a constructor of a class - and this works fine, no warnings! Strange :)