Search

I’ve searched through the forum and read a few discussions, but haven’t found what I’m looking for.

I’m creating a blog and wondering if there is there a way to insert images directly into a textarea to display images throughout the post?

Uploading via FTP and getting the URL is not much of an option as it seems a backwards way of doing things, and not something I’d expect a client to be able to do.

Basically, I want to upload an image (preferably from the same section), which is then inserted into the textarea. The front will manipulate it to be resized and clickable to open it full size. The front end bit is probably straight forward.

Can this be done?

The Subsection Manager supports dragging and dropping of items onto textareas and the creation of new image entries in the same page.

Yes, this can be done, but it’s a matter of CSS positioning.

You create the article entry in the backend. Write some text in a Text field. Upload an image with File Upload and send these to the frontend via DS.

This article will give you a start for positioning text around images etc.

@klaftertief:

I didn’t know this! Just discovered it doesn’t work with TinyMCE though, but works fine with Markdown. I’ve switched to “markitup!” as I need the options at the top, I think dropping TinyMCE is for the better, as it tends to mess up things - especially copy and pasting.

@vladG: Thanks for the link.