Search

I like to know if is possible to have a better user control in symphony, one that control the acess of de menu items tha i create, so would be possible to have sections that only admis have acess to.

I believe that it would be very usefull specialy for developers, that use symphony to sell their websites.

Take a look at the Role Model extension!

Hey the extention seems to do what i need, thanks. But... this would be a great adition to synphonys core, what i don´t like about using extentions is that at some tasks extentions are not that reliable, and being in the core would make it a lot simpler.

For the developers of symphony, i would be wiling to discuss a price to create this user control feature and have it attathced to 2.2 and the upcoming releases of symphony cms, so every one else could make use of it.

Currently i´m working in a web site that will sell pre configure sites, and the user control is one of the most important parts of the project.

Well, if you've worked a while with Symphony you'll notice that having a slim core that is easily extentable with a lot of extensions (which are reliable I might add) provides for a much more solid framework.

Because in my experience I can name a dozen extensions that would make a great adition to the core, but I'm also very happy that they're not.

I think you might be interesting in creating an ensemble that fits your needs. That way you can create a 'Symphony preset setup' with everything that would fit your needs.

I haven´t worked that much with synphony, but so far a love it, it is realy light, and easy to work with that is for sure. Just like to make it clear that i wast not saying that the extentions are not reliable or anything bad about it, i actualy tryed a few, and they were all great, i just think that if i can get around with the core features it´s better, and easier to mantain, but i do understand that with symphony, the extentions are there to enhance the system, in a more customizable way.

I´m going to try the "Role Model" extention that michael-e sugested, and see if fits the needs, if not, is it hard to find a developer to build me a extention to do what i need?

I think Role Model should fit your needs. If not, please let me now... ;-)

I don't think it's hard to find a developer to build an extension that fits your needs. But for a lot of goals there are multiple way to achieve them, with an extension, or even with some basic Symphony logic and/or XSLT/XPath, so it's always good to ask!

Hey thanks very much, the thing that i love most about symphony is the community, it is incretible how fast we get responses from other users willing to help.

It's the community what makes an open source product stand or fall. Luckily Symphony does something to you that is just... well... magic I guess...