Search

In the process of upgrading, a series of actions—slight dyslexia, ftp client that dumped things in the wrong folder, removing an extension from the backend before doing so in the admin panel, I am not sure what—has led to my being unable to access the administration part of the backend. I can see pages in debug mode, most of the site shows up but after login /symphony/blueprints/components/ throws up this error:

Could not find extension at location /extensions/version_info/extension.driver.php /public_html/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.extensionmanager.php line 624 619 if(!isset(self::$_pool[$name])){ 620 $classname = $this->__getClassName($name); 621 $path = $this->__getDriverPath($name); 622 623 if(!is_file($path)){ 624 throw new Exception( 625 __('Could not find extension at location %s', array($path)) 626 ); 627 } 628

The back trace is this:

[/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.extensionmanager.php:99] ExtensionManager->create(); [/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.extensionmanager.php:141] ExtensionManager->getInstance(); [/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.administrationpage.php:655] ExtensionManager->about(); [/public_html/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.administrationpage.php:564] AdministrationPage->__buildNavigation(); [/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.administrationpage.php:291] AdministrationPage->getNavigationArray(); [/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.administrationpage.php:201] AdministrationPage->canAccessPage(); [/symphony/lib/core/class.administration.php:221] AdministrationPage->build(); [/symphony/lib/core/class.administration.php:374] Administration->__buildPage(); [/index.php:25] Administration->display();

Did I mention I do mostly frontend work? Help appreciated.

The version_info extension folder is missing from your extensions directory, but Symphony thinks it's still installed. If you don't need it, go into the database, sym_extensions and change this extension's value to disabled. Or remove the row entirely. Or re-upload the version_info extension files ;-)

That did it, thanks Nick. I was able to get in to the backend. However, when checking things over more dysfunction. When I try and edit an entry in one section I get an error message. The error is throwing up a request for a mediathek file. I thought I had disabled this and enabled the Subsection Manager awhile ago. I am at work now and can't reproduce the error. . .

When I try and edit an entry in one section I get an error message. The error is throwing up a request for a mediathek file.

Go into the database, sym_extensions and remove mediathek extension's row entirely.

Might be useful to remove the corresponding entries in the extensions_delegates table as well.

This reminds me of a question I forgot to ask back when I originally started using Symphony.

Why does this happen at all? Is it not possible to have Symphony not dramatically fail when an extension is missing? Throw up a better error page instead stating the issue and advice to re-add the specific extensions?

Might be useful to remove the corresponding entries in the extensions_delegates table as well.

Back from some extended kuffles re-instating my password, thanks for the additional advice. This only affects certain sections in the site. There was only one reference that I could see in either extensions_delegates or sym_extensions. This was:

129     90  /backend/   AppendPageAlert     __upgradeMediathek

Removal made no difference to the problem.

I remember upgrading to Subsection Manager and I wasn’t aware mediathek was still present and affecting pages. There are two tables in the database. sym_fields_mediathek, sym_fields_mediathek_sorting.

The error message I get is:

Could not find Field mediathek at /field.mediathek.php. If the Field was provided by an Extension, ensure that it is installed, and enabled.

An error occurred in /public_html/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.fieldmanager.php around line 342

It only affects certain sections, but it affects both front and adminstration so I can’t remove field links in the section design.

If sym_field_mediathek and sym_field_mediathek_sorting are still in your database, the upgrade script didn't run correctly as it should have uninstalled Mediathek. If you don't use Mediathek anymore, you can delete these tables.

Check if sym_fields contains a field of the type "mediathek" (there shouldn't be any if the upgrade script has been run).

P. S.: You do have a backup of your site, do you?

P. S.: You do have a backup of your site, do you?

:-) I do Nils, but as usual with cock-ups there is the tension between fixing the problems or the problem of reverting back to a what you had before.

I deleted the two fields and found a linking reference in the sym_fields table for the sections which were falling over. I removed that field and the two sections are now accessible, though, of course, not linked.

Is there anywhere else that some residual mediathek might be hiding?

Is there anywhere else that some residual mediathek might be hiding?

These are the typical locations:

• sym_fields
  • sym_extensions
  • sym_extensions_delegates
  • sym_field_mediathek
  • sym_field_mediathek_sorting.

I removed that field and the two sections are now accessible, though, of course, not linked.

My guess is that you haven't run the Subsection Manager Upgrader on your install. So maybe it would be an idea to revert to your backup, make sure you have SSM 1.0 installed and run the upgrade script. After that you should make sure that all Mediathek fields have been replaced with SSM field, that the database does not contain any of the Mediathek related tables and that the extension has been uninstalled in the extension overview.

It should be save to upgrade to Symphony 2.2 then.

After that you should make sure that all Mediathek fields have been replaced with SSM field . . .

I think the Subsection Manager was already installed prior to my upgrading to Symphony 2.2.My concern is I may introduce more problems trying to roll back. I have not had much success installing my backup on another server. I have scraped my database of mediathek data and removed the extension. This has given me a good introduction into how Symphony holds information in the database.