Search

A new extension, "Position Picker" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Position Picker

Version 1.0

What does this extension do?

This extension allows you to select an image and put an X,Y-position on it. The image can be either a static URL, or you can provide a section where the author can select an image from.

This can for example be used to point out locations on a map, add descriptions to a image, etc.

Sounds nice i will give it a try, thanks.

If anyone is interested, I adapted this extension a while ago to be either pixel or percentage. You select which you need when adding the field to the section.

I did email @kanduvisla about it but never heard back, so letting people know here. https://github.com/superminge/position_picker.git

@touchstone: if you could send me a pull request I'll look into it. Sorry for the delay, kinda busy lately ;-)

Hi Kanduvisla,

I've been using Rowan's Pinnable field in the past, but wanted to try your plugin this time, as it features the ability to dynamically select a picture from a section.

I've had no luck with it so far. When I hit the Create New button i get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch() on a non-object in /Users/antoine/Dropbox/Server/www/tronches/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.entrymanager.php on line 365

I have one simple section with a title and an upload field, and another section with a title and "Position picker". Am I missing something?

I'm using symphony 2.2.5 and position picker 1.2

Thanks for your help!

ps: I do have some entries in the "photos" section.

Opps, I didn't see version 1.2 was ready for Symphony 2.3

But apparently there are some commits about backward compatibility. So I'm not sure..

Anyway I ended up using Brendo's fork.