Search

Hi everybody

I am quite new in symphony, i install symphony cms yesterday, now i just want to create a website. I just do not know how to put content on a webpage using this software. I will appreciate any advice that can help.

Haro

Have you tried the tutorial? Say Hello to the World

Sorry for late respond, i learn a lot from those tutorials.

I'm too learning Symphony. The learning curve is somewhat steeper than let's say WordPress or Textpattern but in the end you get more control and more power. You need to complete these tutorials in order to understand how Symphony works and also you need to get to know a little more XSLT, the language wich transforms your XML data to HTML. This is my kinda roadmap right now for getting to know Symphony:

Symphony

XSLT

Hope it helps and don't give up, it pays off in the end!

Thanks a lot zabba, while i am going through the "Say Hello to the World tutorials", somewhere they may say "Here’s the full code" or "your final page template should look like this" when i click the link it shows a black page, i do not know what might be the problem. can anyone assist?

You need to have javascript enabled in your browser in order to view the code. If you can't enable it you can always right-click on the link and "Open link in new tab".

Thanks zabba.