Search

Hi, is there any way how to create a mutual relationship between two entries of the same section? I mean I would like to link several articles together into a serial, so when I create a reference in article A to article B, I would expect automatic creation of the same reference in opposite direction - in article B to article A. Is this possible?

Maybe you can create another Section called Article Series with at least a text field called Title. When you want a new series, create it here. Add a Select Box in your Article section pointing to Title field from Article Series. So when someone wants to link an article, he simply selects the series in witch he wants it to be.

For the numbering part you can add a new text field to the Articles to retain the order selection or use Order Entries field (see extensions). This way you can sort the articles from newest to latest or something.

Yes, second way is to create a parent grouping section (Article Series). I did it that way, but there is still an issue of missing opposite direction linking: If I choose in Series 1 to point to Article A and Article B, how can I achieve the Article A and the Article B to point to the Series 1? I do not want to create these links manually on both sides. It must be better way to do it.

I have it: Bi-Link Field extension is a right solution for this.