Search

Hello everyone.

I started building a management application from scratch in CI and I got really sick of it and - because, in the meantime, I built a site with Symphony and fell in love with it - I'm thinking of porting it to symphony and continue building it here. ALOT of tables, data, maths.

The only thing I'm concerned about is: will I be able to create a login page with symphony? And a more advanced access control list? Like user hierarchy and stuff.

Thanks,

Dan

Glue Interactive

Umm. I guess I can hack the database and add the user types I need and then filter the content by xsl from the xml that gives me the user type.

Do you think that would be a good idea?

Glue Interactive

This might be close to what you are looking for. I don't think there is an extension yet that quite does it all, but I remember a thread on this forum where someone mentioned working on one.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot MrBlank. This is of great help. Just some tweaking of the extension and it will be exactly what I wanted!

I will probably add user roles. If this extensions works out good, in the end I'll post it on the overture.

Symphony fucking rocks.

Cheers,

Dan

Glue Interactive

If you can get this extension working as it should, you rock. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

I have updated my 1.7 membership system to Symphony 2 but it is not ready to be released as an extension just yet.

I finished my ACL-based authentication extension. And it works great. The only problem is that it's customized for my application and it's not ready for universal use.

After I finish this project I'll universalize it so everybody can use it.

Kudos Alistair for creating it!

Glue Interactive

Attachments

looking forward to seeing your extension degro

Me too! We really need a solid role-based authentication system. Every time this requirement comes up on other projects we seem to build one from scratch!

any news?