Search

A new extension, "Auto Collapse Section Fields" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Haaa, nice implementation :) I'm tired of clicking "Collapse all" just to view the fields.

Nice one. You could also use the Backend Javascriptr extension and add the bit of code into the preferences page

I'm tired of clicking "Collapse all" just to view the fields.

It would be interesting to see how many people use this extension and wish to have fields collapsed by default. :)

Agreed. We did discuss whether they should be collapsed by default but decided against. Collapsing great for drag and drop to re-order when adding a new field, but I find it annoying having all field options hidden by default.

But if you find it useful, you find it useful. We're lucky to have the core so abstracted that the extension can modify it so easily.

No GIT reprository yet, since the code is so simple. If anyone wanna improve it by adding custom preferences in order to customize the extention I'll git it.

For what it's worth, Nitriques, I highly recommend a Github repository regardless of how small the code it ;-)

Hi to all ! I did not plan for such reponse from the community. I must say that it is really nice to find an active community on such a great product.

I have been usign Symphony for a month now, and I am already usign it on 3 great projects and my clients are trilled with the result.

@nickdunn: First, yes the abstracted core is sooooooo well engineered that I loved reading the code, which is really rare. Let the current behavior as is (expanded) since auto-collapsing it is reduce to drag-and-drop the extension and enabling it. Second, I will open a Github repro.. I though of opening my svn server but the push-pull issue on git hub is nice.

@touchstone: I saw the Javascriptr extension 30 seconds after posting my extension. My bad, but now designer (no-programming dude) will be able to do it with my extension. A plus for the community!

@symphony-team: can't we register for email if people replies to this thread ? I would have answer a lot sooner. Thanks for your great work.

Auto Collapse Section Fields updated to version 1.1 on 15th of June 2011

@nickdunn: you were right, a git repro was effective, event for this tiny project !