Search

Is anyone successfully using smtp to send messages using google apps email? I believe sent items actually show up in your sent items folder.

Would it be possible to change the from: field to the email the sender of the message filled out, rather then the default symphony email engine <symphomy@example.com>? It would make more sense, and these system emails can still be filtered by their subjectline symphony mailer. Moreover this would enable these incoming emails to have extra information about their sender, using rapportive gmail plugin

Would it be possible to change the from: field to the email the sender of the message filled out, rather then the default symphony email engine <symphomy@example.com>?

Have you checked the settings in the system preferences?

In the prefs there is a field to fill out an email, but does it take fields[email] from the event so it can be dynamically populated? It also mentioned the field can be overwritten, how exactly should I have the field overwritten with fields[email]?

So anyone using GA email?

Would it be possible to change the from: field to the email the sender of the message filled out, rather then the default symphony email engine symphomy@example.com?

Yes and no. It is possible to set the sender name to the name of the sender, by using fields[sender-name] (if I recall correctly). Google apps does not allow you to set the email address to anything other than your own.

Besides this, I prefer to set the reply-to headers to the sender details. This works more reliably, and gives nearly the same information.

OK that means I should look into either modifying the safari extension from rapportive to work on reply to headers of emails (if they are sent by symphony) or... developping an extension for symphony that hooks into rapportive api.... the seem to have php tutorials